Sith Scion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 103 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:01 pm
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy

3 posters

Go down

Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy Empty Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy

Post  Ienown Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Ok, so there's no way anyone could NOT know that SW has been released on Blu-Ray. AND I'm hoping everyone is aware of the changes good ol Georgie made AGAIN. IMO, its worse than Greedo shooting first. It's worse than CGI Womp Rats. It's worse than....worse than....Jar Jar. Yes, thats right, worse than Jar Jar. George Lucas has ruined one of my favorite, if not my #1 favorite scene in the whole saga: Vader's redemption. If you don't know what I'm talking about, youtube it.

So, here we have a man, who said in 1988: "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians....These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tommorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with "fresher faces," or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor's lips to match....Creative expression is at the core of our humanness. Art is a distinctly human endeavor. We must have respect for it if we are to have any respect for the human race." affraid

Soooooooo...... I want to see these films in HD. I want 40 hours of amazing SW Bonus Features. But I refuse to pay one penny to someone who does not respect his own work, the work of others (Lucas did not direct ESB or RotJ), and the passion of the fans.

Am I way out of line here?

Ienown
Ienown
Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Officer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539081292

Back to top Go down

Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy Empty Re: Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy

Post  gestergren Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm

I bought them... mostly so I can run it through the home theatre system for the full audio effect... I think it was worth it.
gestergren
gestergren
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

https://www.facebook.com/gestergren?cropsuccess

Back to top Go down

Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy Empty Re: Blu-Ray: To Buy or NOT to Buy

Post  Raelyn Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:41 am

I'm getting them!
Raelyn
Raelyn
Events Commander