November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Favorite Video Game

Go down

Favorite Video Game

Post  Darth Jevln on Tue May 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello Everyone,
I just thought it would be interesting if everyone disscussed their favorite videogames!
Feel Free to Use the Forums!
Sith Scion- Let the Dark Side Consume!
Darth Jevln
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Video Game

Post  Xikkub on Tue May 03, 2011 11:18 pm

What's yours?

Xikkub

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Jevln on Tue May 03, 2011 11:29 pm

I would have to say the original Mass Effect for a lot of reasons. I loved the way Bioware did the story in that game. The voice acting was phenomenal and ,at the time, the visuals were spectacular. I have played that game mre times than any other game. I loved how your choices truly mattered in gameplay, and that there were so many ways to customize your characters abilities.
I realy felt I was Shepard and my choices affected the galaxy. I also loved all of the hours of side-quests that I could explore. I sometimes even find quests that I have never done.
Overall, It was a great game and worth checking out!!!!
Darth Jevln
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

My Favorite of all time

Post  INSANECHAOS on Fri May 06, 2011 2:04 pm

At this point in time, KotOR would have to be my favourite Star Wars game. I mean, the controlling system in the Battlefront games i found a lot more flowing in the game play rather than the slow and repetitious system of selecting one's attacks and then delivering them, but I cannot put Battlefront over KotOR simply because the story in KotOR is so much more exciting. Not to mention the fact that in KotOR your decisions define which side of the force you are on. Games like Fable pretend to give you a choice between good and evil, but in all honesty you end up killing the bad guy either way. In KotOR it determines who admires you and who detests you but follows you anyway. KotOR didn't have much to work with in the ways of a good and evil storyline, but they effected it as much as they could. My second favourite at this time would be KotOR2 simply for the same reasons, lacking some storyline which I enjoyed from the original this one didn't seem to have as much substance. My third would be the Battlefront series. They are even in my list because I enjoy them both for different reasons. In the original you had a lot better gameplay. True enough no space battles but levels like bespin incorporate that in. But in battlefront 2 you got the heroes and you had the space battles. I would have liked to see Battlefront 3 come out but much to my sorrow I have discovered that production on that has stopped. I am much anticipating The Old Republic. Even though I try to put it to my friends that I have a strong opposition to mumorpugers I realised after speaking to some people that it is not because of the money one spends (having experienced the empty pockets that came as a result of buying too many games) or because of the controls. It is simply because of a detestable story. For example WoW (duh) has a storyline that has been stretched to cover so many characters and yet still compacted to cover so little story. I think the WoW team has simply gone "bugger it" and let the gamers try and figure out the story. I mean, I'm not one to talk seeing as i only played for a short time on a private server but i found the cartoony atmosphere rather emasculating. And so it is within a year that The Old Republic comes out I find myself in great anticipation of a mumorpuger that i think could possibly rival WoW. I mean, Star Wars already has a massive fan base. I think the only thing that needs to happen is to introduce to WoW players and they will come running. And at this point i am really hoping that the old republic is going to be good or i will soon be swallowing my own words. the old republic is definitely my top priority next year.

INSANECHAOS
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

I agree with Darth Jevin too

Post  INSANECHAOS on Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Mass effect 1&2 Is definitely up there with the two KOTOR games. These are the four best games of our generation. In my opinion anyway.

INSANECHAOS
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  gestergren on Fri May 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Been so many great ones... Playing through ME2 for like the 6th time, love KoTOR, Oblivion, Dragonage i&II. Still find myself playing the Total War titles. and cant forget the original Unreal Tournament! The more I think about this the more I want to add so Ill just quit there, LOL.
gestergren
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

https://www.facebook.com/gestergren?cropsuccess

Back to top Go down

too east

Post  Ienown on Sat May 14, 2011 3:31 pm

top games? GLAD YOU ASKED!

1. Mass Effect 2 no question.
The ending gave me chills. I never get chills.

2. Portal 2 close second
If you havent played this game , you are missing out. I hope it wins GotY. Single player is hilarious and co-op is amazing.

3. Dead Space 1 and 2
Genius mechanics, good story, horror elements, it is art.

4. Bioshock 1
Notice I didnt include 2. Thats because Bioshock was so freaking awesome and Bioshock 2 just felt...off.

5. Splinter Cell (all)
Sam Fisher is my father. Or...I wish he was.
Ienown
Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Officer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539081292

Back to top Go down

Post  Oofthka on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm

this is a hard question to answer cause i don't really have one definite favorite game, so i will make a list of favorites in no particular order.

-Super Mario 64: the game that really got me into gaming. i remember the hours i spent playing it to get every star in the game just to see the yoshi easter egg on top of the castle, then playing the remake on the ds with an added 100 stars... it was epic to say the least.

-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: arguably still one of the best action/adventure/puzzle games of all time. everything about it was phenomenal (except the water temple) and it had the greatest story of any video game of its time. i still get excited when i first receive the Master Sword.

-Mario Kart 64 and all other MK games on home consoles: best racing franchise hands down.

-Pokémon Yellow: Limited edition version of the original for the Gameboy Color. i mean, seriously, what's more fun then a single playthrough and every starter in the game, plus you can get a surfing Pikachu.

-Sonic Adventure 2:Battle: the all time best sonic game made, you could play as Shadow the Hedgehog for the first time and both Shadow and Sonic could be super. plus Shadow was and will always be better than Sonic.

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: best launch title for the Wii and an epic followup story to Ocarina of Time. Excellent graphics for both the Wii and Gamecube probably one of the best adventure games for Nintendo. It has so many new elements added to LoZ and iconic old elements as well for an all around good game.

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl: best Smash Bros. game since release for N64. excellent graphics for the Wii and, suprisingly, an awesome adventure storyline to go with it. i find it to be a good game to play at parties as well, just so i can show off my skillz. plus it is great to have Mario beat up Peach every once in a while because she gets captured so much.

-Halo: Reach: the start and end of Bungie's epic franchise (not really recognizing H4-6 as Bungie's franchise anymore). the original revolutionized shooting games and it has grown to the final one with Reach. Loved the storyline and the way Bungie tied the entire franchise together at the end. the Multiplayer is so much better than Halo 3's and the armor customization is also a big upgrade. the only thing i miss is the Chopper cause i can no longer scream "Get to the choppa!"

-Guild Wars: the true start to my MMO gaming (I don't count Runescape). the game of the year edition of Prophecies was a great fantasy game with awesome characters and difficult challenges. Factions was soso except for the added classes which are some of the best according to me. Nightfall was a dark, epic story with the return of the Lich and Shino which is a good week of my life trying to beat that one mission. The added classes were soso but the story and the hero acquisition for that game made up for them. Eye of the North was a great expansion to the games and is a perfect tie in to GW2 with the Hall of Monuments (almost got 30 points in it and those awesome gauntlets for GW2). i also liked the limited skill bar that is in GW cause it leads to more strategy wins in PvE and PvP than who has better gear which i have found is evident in many MMOs. this isn't to say there is no cool gear; it just says that gear isn't the cause of life or death in PvP.

Mass Effect 1 and 2: my favorite storyline for any video game ever. the character transferal is an awesome addition, plus the impacting decisions of the entire galaxy will carry over to the 3rd installment. Bioware also does a really good job making games with high replay qualities to them. I liked ME 2 better than 1 only because of the combat system. The control of the henchmen felt better than ME1 and the skill use physics was also better in my opinion. i really liked seeing Garrus and Tali again as henchmen and Legion was probably the best twist of all time in the game. I thought ME2 had better DLC than ME1 cause you could continue a relationship with Liara and you got a pretty crazy cliffhanger to lead into ME3. My only concern is that too much may be going on in ME3 that Bioware may botch it in the end, but that is highly unlikely.

Pretty extensive list but i hope that i may be able to add SWtOR to the list cause i am a pretty big fan of Bioware and the quality of their games.
Oofthka
PvE Commander
PvE Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gestergren on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:31 am

Damn I forghot the game that really put the gaming hooks in me..... Elite!
gestergren
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

https://www.facebook.com/gestergren?cropsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post  FruitSalad on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 am

I think I must be the only one here who has not played ME or ME2. Embarassed Anyway, my favorite is probably KotOR 2. Kreia is awesome, no contest.

FruitSalad
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ienown on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:43 pm

@ fruitsalad. You are definitely missing out my friend. ME / ME2 is the best gaming experience Ive had in a looooong time
Ienown
Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Officer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539081292

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down